By Nana Yaro, Nanayaro75@gmail.com
27th October, 2020
In may 2020 I wrote on article on Nigeria’s First Lady taking lead in Kano Covid-19 Palliatives and posted it on social media platform, I then translated it into Hausa and published it on page 2 of “Leadership Hausa” Wednesday 20th May, 2020. The Hausa version is entitled “ Hajiya Aisha Buhari ta zama jagoran Tallafin COVID-19 A Kano” which I also posted on various social media platforms. I mentioned the most prominent donors of COVID-19 palliatives in Kano, like the First Lady’s Future Assured Foundation, the BUA Foundation, the Kano State Government, and the Dangote Foundation.
I have also, from thence, kept track of the efforts made by all these organizations to assuage the pangs felts by the poor masses of Kano State as a result of the COVID -19pandemic, and I must say the “future Assured” has been indubitably, amongst the most gracious and magnanimous in offering aid and succor.
This is so, because, throughout the peak period of the pendemic and even beyond (a period of more than half a lunar year), “Future Assured” remained consistent in its distribution of palliative items like foods, drugs, hospital consumables, agricultural inputs and equipment etc.
Chronicled below is a month-by-month efforts and tireless zeal put into the provision and distribution of COVID-19 relief materials in Kano State by Future Assured:
- May 5 – 31 palliatives were first distributed to non-governmental organizations, Associations, and some establishments that deals with public welfare, and they went round redistributing it all over Kano State in form of door to door distribution. Community and religious leaders and the people around them are among the beneficiaries.
- On june 6 second wave of the palliatives continue going with the assistance of NGOs prominently Creative Needy Foundation, today’s Live Foundation, Daso Entertainments, among many others.
- Drugs and hospital consumables were distributed in Kano and other states
- In July 8 Palliatives was distributed to a refugee’s camp in Faskari Local Government in Katsina State.
- August 10 &15 irrigation pumping machine for dry season farmers was distributed to farmers in Jigawa and Kano States respectively.
- August 25 palliatives was distributed to orphanages and rehabilitation centers in Kano.
- 29th September foods items and beverages palliatives was distributed in Kano
- 15th October, 2020 palliatives was distributed to Kano people and creative Needy Foundation focused on the widows and orphans in Kano.
The above timeline is chronicle from my own personal observation and recording of the activities of the Future Assured relief programme, and is not an official record of the organization. It is personally observed in only ONE out of the 36 states and the FCT. The total tally is, if wholly considered will be enormously mind-boggling and sufficient enough for the other donors and philanthropists to emulate such a persistent and useful gesture of the Nigeria’s First Lady Hajiya Aisha Buhari under her Future Assured Foundation.
I can undoubtedly testify that “ FUTURE ASSURED” is indeed assuring a bright future for the poor and vulnerable in Nigeria.