By Suleiman Harris Daura
Alhaji Nasir yahaya daura was first elected in 2015 and re elected in 2019.during his tenure as member house of assembly daura local government katsina state, he has done some many projects, bills,capital projects, sponsorship and many more these are some of his remarkable achievements.
The basic responsibilities of any state legislative member are three viz:
- Establishing laws in the state.
- Forwarding his constituents needs to the state government.
- Supervision of state government projects.
So after discharging his primary responsibilities diligently, also hon. Nasir dedicated to serve his community ,the following are some of his achievements.
- Establishment of FM radio in Daura L.G
- Construction of ring road in Daura L.G
- Provision of street light in some areas in Daura L.G
- Construction of ultra modern market in Daura L.G
- Conversion of government pilot day secondary school to government science and technical secondary school Daura (boarding)
- Rehabilitation and fencing of government secondary schools suduji, Gurjiya, Kalgo-gari and Dannakola.
- Construction of drainage and bridges in some areas of Daura L.G
- Conversion of Kalgo-gari 33kv transmission line to 11kv transmission line
- Establishing of two (2) additional schools of nursing in Daura and Funtua senatorial zones.
- Construction of road pavement along Daura-kalgo-Zango road.
- Joined sponsored bills are:
(a) Katsina state civil service bills, 2020
(b) Katsina state legislative finances (control and management) law, 2020.
Listed of other projects
- Giving an assistance to the prisoners from two prison in Daura. The distributed items include blankets, mats, buckets, plates, soaps and water containers.
- Donation of delivery kits to 500 pregnant women in Daura L.G
- Donation of sickle cell drugs to 1,000 patients in Daura L.G
- Rehabilitation of Community Arabic secondary school Mazoji.
- Giving financial assistance 11 Islamiyya schools in Daura L.G
- Donation of desktop Computer to Bawo Primary school Daura
- Donation of 3,000 blocks and 80 bags of cement to Ulul-albab Islamiyya school and mosque.
- Donation of 10,000 books to primary and secondary school students in Daura L.G
- Donation of School Uniform to 300 students through Daura L.E.A
- Donation of forms and sponsored extra lesson to 200 students to write science and technical board examination.
- Donation of 89 JAMB forms (2020 UTME)
- Sponsored 50 youths to study in B.A.T.C Daura
- Empowered 50 youth with seed capital for self reliance and donate grants to some small scale butchers and grocers.
- Repaired 37 community boreholes in 11 wards from Daura L. G
- Giving an assistance to higher institution students monthly
- Construction of four Islamiyya Schools with two classrooms and office for each in Gara, Community school quarters, Tafkin Malga and Madobi Villege.
- Donation of 500 bags of maize palliative during Covid-19 lockdown.
- Giving an assistance to patients with different health problems monthly.
- Giving an assistance to orphans
- Donating financial assistant to different religious activities and or occasion any time.
- Donated feeding allowance to pilgrims in Saudi Arabia during 2019 Hajj.
- Donated 120,000 to deaf students to study in Malumfashi special needs school.
- Sponsored town sanitation, waste evacuation and cleared drainages in Daura L.G
- Donated new generator to Kalgo-gari Community to sustain and maintain their source of clean water.
- Donated new water pump submersible to Godai community to sustain and maintain their source of clean water.
- Donated allowance to APC EXCOs from local government level to wards level.
- Secured project to change all damaged and destroyed submersible water pump in Daura L.G
- Secured 500KVA transformer to Kalgo-gari Community and converted their electricity transmission line from 33KV to 11KV
- Secured project to connect water pipes to new areas in Daura L.G
- Secured Job and Employment to many youths (Male and female) from NDE, SUBEB, TSB, S-POWER and many more.