Hajj 2019: NAHCON Train Hajj Managers

0

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) said it will hold a one-day national “training workshop for Hajj managers” in Nigeria.

The workshop comes up on 24th of April 2019 will takes place  at JEMY’s Plaza, Plot 48, Justice Dahiru Mustapha Road Farm Center, Kano, from 10:00 am. With a theme “Towards Achieving Acceptable Hajj”.

A statement signed by Head of Public Affairs Division of NAHCON,

Fatima Sanda Usara said that those “those expected at the training are: Chief executives of state pilgrims’ welfare boards, NAHCON zonal coordinators, chief executives and staff of Private Tour Operators among others. The trainings expected to sensitize participants on important matters pertaining 2019 Hajj which intending pilgrims needs to know”.

Apart from subjects on Hajj rites, participants will be sensitized on civic responsibilities of the pilgrim such as airport protocol, criteria on guarantor and its consequences, penalties of breaching Saudi Arabian regulations and merits of abiding by them. It is expected that participants will disseminate these information to their respective pilgrims during enlightenment programmes at local levels.

The surest way men can avoid prostate cancer is to ejaculate 21 times every month – Research

0

A doctor with Amuzu Herbal clinic has reechoed a research finding advising men to ejaculate for not less than 21 times in every month and 5 times each week, if they want to avoid prostate cancer.

The researchers observed the sexual habits of 32,000 men and came to the determination that those with a higher rate of ejaculation were less likely to have prostate tumors.

“We found that men reporting higher compared to lower ejaculatory frequency in adulthood were less likely to be subsequently diagnosed with prostate cancer. This large prospective study provides the strongest evidence to date of a beneficial role of ejaculation in the prevention of prostate cancer,” the researchers said.

Breaking down the findings of the research, they advised: “Twenty-one ejaculations or more per month can protect you (males) from prostate cancer.”

Dr. James Balch, a member of the American Medical Association and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons believes that men must eat good foods to stimulate frequent sexual desire and activity in order to stay away from prostate cancer.

“If a man wants to stay out of the operating room and avoid cancer of the prostate, he needs to go full blast to avoid the high-fat junk foods and environmental toxins that contribute to prostate problems and to start a wise nutritional program that includes the basic supplements that affect the prostate,” he is quoted as saying.

Well, in case you did not know, the ball is now in your court.

DFID Secures Admission for 268 Girls to Study Health-related Courses in Tertiary Institutions

0

By Francis Sardauna in Katsina

In a bid to tackle infant and maternal mortality in Nigeria, the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) has said it has secured the admission of no fewer than 268 girls in Katsina State to study health related courses in different Health Training Institutions (HTIs) across the country.

The beneficiaries, according to DFID, were admitted under its Women for Health Programme (W4H) designed to avert shortage of female health workers in hard-to-reach rural areas of northern Nigeria.

The Chairman of W4H Working Group in Katsina State, Mr Suleiman Abdullahi Saulawa, who stated this Friday in Katsina during the presentation of support to the beneficiaries, said 107 girls have so far graduated from the institutions.

He said that the programme was established specifically to assist rural girls to acquire admission into HTIs to study health related courses.

According to him, “268 girls were admitted into various Health Training Institutions. 107 have so far graduated from the institutions. 52 have so far been employed by the Katsina State government, while the remaining 48 are awaiting employment.”

Saulawa explained that W4H, which started in 2013, is a five-year programme being implemented in five states of Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Yobe and Zamfara.

“The programme is also reducing infant and maternal mortality, which was prevalent in the region. As part of backstopping arrangement, the W4H agreed to provide another technical support for the working group for another two years, from 2017-2019, as part of the process for its gradual disengagement,” he added.

Earlier, the National Programme Manager, Dr Fatima Lamishi, said that the programme recruits young women from rural areas and help them to get professional training and return them to their community as qualified health workers.

Addressing the gathering, the Katsina State Governor, Aminu Bello Masari, said nurses and midwives to be engaged by the state government must be ready to make the sacrifice of living and working in the remotest villages and communities.

He said: “Government is ready to continue to support the programme and engage its graduates but with a caveat that they should be ready to serve in villages and communities. These places are the most desirous in terms of health needs.”

The governor, however, assured the audience that the state government would continue to support the programme in order to save the lives of children and mothers in the state and the country at large.

Zamfara PDP win big as, Ex-Deputy Governor, Former Speaker, others defect to PDP

0

Zamfara PDP win big as, Ex-Deputy Governor, Former Speaker, others defect to PDP The former deputy governor of Zamfara state, Alhaji Mukhtar Ahmad Anka, former speaker of the state house of assembly Alhaji Bature Umar Sambo and ex secretary to the state government Alhaji Muhammad Bawa Gusau on Thursday defected to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party in the state. The defected politicians also include former commissioner for Youths and skills acquisition, Alhaji Abdullahi Muhammad Gurbin Baure, seven serving councillors and 194 ward chairmen from the opposition All Progressive Congress.

Speaking during their formal reception into the party, the former deputy governor Alhaji Mukhtar Ahmad Anka said they were moved by the exemplary leadership style of Governor Bello Muhammad Mutawalle.

In his address, the former speaker of the state who defected to the party alongside his  supporters said they had decided to join the ruling party to help the executive governor move the state forward citing the ongoing peace deal as example.

The former commissioner of Youths said he had defected to the ruling party with his supporters. Responding to the development, governor Bello Muhammad Mutawalle said his administration is maintaining an open door policy and he would be ever ready to accept constructive criticisms and valuable suggestion “We are making effort to restore peace to the state and our effort is yielding great result. Those living in our rural communities will testify to that. Economic activities have started picking up as rural markets have opened again, ” he added.

Saifullahi Yusuf Zurmi
Special Assistant to the Zamfara State Governor.

President Muhammad Buhari this Friday evening arrived katsina for Eid-el- Kabir celebrations

0

The presidential jet conveying the President landed at Malam Umar Musa Yar’adua Airport at one minute after five o’clock in the evening.
He was received by Governor Aminu Bello Masari in company of his Deputy Quantity Surveyor, Alhaji Mannir Yakubu, the speaker of katsina state House of Assembly, Alhaji Tasi’u Musa Zango the Deputy speaker, Shehu Usman Dalha Tafoki,some members of the state house of assembly, the secretary to the government of katsina state, Dr Mustapha Muhammad Inuwa as well as security chiefs in the state.
After Airport formalities, president Muhammad Buhari proceeded to Daura in a helicopter.
He was accompanied by his official and personal aides.
Hassan Muhammad Tukur
Government house press centre
Katsina

Gov. Wike declares “Bobrisky” Wanted

0

He said the bounty extends to information on killers of a Director with the Rivers State Government during the Choba crisis.

Wike spoke on Thursday when he handed over 40 patrol vans fitted with communication gadgets to the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS), C4I, Police Anti-Kidnapping Unit, Police Anti-Cultism Unit, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), and Eagle Crime at the Government House, Port Harcourt.

The affected youth groups include the Ikwerre Youth Movement (IYM), Ogoni Youth Movement (OYM), Bonny Youth Assembly (BYA), and Ekpeye Youth Federation (EYF), among others.

He announced that the Rivers State Government will establish a Trust Fund to cater for the families of policemen who lose their lives while fighting crime.

“Rivers State Government is fully prepared and will do everything required to protect lives and property. Without the protection of lives and property, there will be no governance and development”, the governor said.

“Anybody operating under a youth body henceforth will be arrested by security agencies. Before you contest for any youth body’s leadership, you must send the names to the DSS and Police for screening. If they are cultists, we will not allow them to operate”, he said.

Jonathan never won any election, even in Bayelsa — Nabena

0

By chibueke obigidi 9/8/2019

The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Yekini Nabena, has said former President Goodluck Jonathan never contested and won any election even in his home state of Bayelsa.

Yekini said no amount of “falsehood and rigging” of the November 16, governorship election in Bayelsa State could stop PDP’s defeat at the poll, adding that the PDP had become very unpopular and stood rejected in the state.

Addressing a press conference yesterday in Abuja, Nabena cautioned Jonathan to be mindful of making misguided comments so as not to ridicule his personality.

Jonathan was quoted a few days ago as saying during the PDP Elders’ Advisory Council meeting at Government House, Yenagoa, that the APC was not on ground in Bayelsa and could not win the forth coming governorship election.

Jonathan added that the large number of aspirants on PDP’s platform indicated the dominance of the party as the preferred platform for election.

But the deputy image maker of the APC said, “Former President Jonathan has never contested any election and won. Even that of 2015, he contested as a sitting President, he lost woefully. The recent 2019 senatorial election in Bayelsa State, APC defeated Jonathan’s candidate in his senatorial district.

“Jonathan is attempting to rewrite history on presidential elections conducted under his watch in Bayelsa State while he was president. He never won, as votes never counted. Aided by security agents, election results were simply announced by the election body in favour of the PDP.”

Chinese experts inspects Mambilla hydropower dam site

0

A team of experts from the Republic of China on Thursday arrived Taraba for site inspection for Mambilla Hydro Power project.

Mr Gan Nyon Zee, one of the team members told Gov. Darius Ishaku at a courtesy visit in Jalingo that the team was in the state to inspect the site for the project.

Zee, who said Syna-Hydro and CGGC were the two major power construction companies in the state for the inspection, solicited the support of the state government and people of the state for successful assignment on the Mambila Plateau.

“We are here to inform you that we are in Taraba to start inspection work at the Mambila hydro power project site in line with the agreement by Nigerian government and China.”

Mambila hydro power is located at the Mambila Plateau in Sadauna Local Government Area of Taraba State.

Responding, Ishaku said the people of the state were anxious to see the commencement of the hydro power dam, which was conceived about 40 years ago.

Ishaku confirmed that he received a call from the Federal Ministry of Works, Power and Housing that Chinese experts were on their way to Jalingo to carry out inspection work on the Mambila hydro power project.

The governor pleaded for adequate security and other necessary arrangements to enable them succeed in their assignment.

“When you get to Mambila, you are going to trek with legs and use motorcycles to the site, there is no road yet,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the team was scheduled to move to the Mambilla Plateau on Friday, and remaining members will fly into Jalingo from Abuja. (NAN)

Press Release: Three Police Operatives, One Civilian Killed By Soldiers In Taraba

0

·         Kidnap Kingpin set free

·         IGP orders full-fledged investigations

The Inspector General of Police, IGP M.A Adamu,NPM,mni  has ordered full-fledged investigations into the circumstances surrounding the death of three (3) Police operatives and one (1) Civilian, and serious injury to other Police operatives, who were on investigation activities to Ibi, Taraba State, to arrest one Alhaji Hamisu indicted in a series of high-profile kidnap incidents in the State. 

The Police Operatives, led by ASP Felix Adolije of the Intelligence Response Team (IRT) reportedly came under sudden attack and serious shooting by soldiers of the Nigerian Army, along Ibi – Jalingo Road, Taraba State. The Operatives, who were taking the arrested suspect, Alhaji Hamisu to the Command Headquarters in Jalingo, were shot at severally by the soldiers despite sufficient proof that they are Police personnel on legitimate duty. Three Policemen (comprising one Inspector and two Sergeants) and one civilian died as a result of gunshot injuries sustained in the attack while others sustained serious gunshot wounds. The soldiers thereafter released the handcuffed suspect, Alhaji Hamisu, who is now on the run.

Alhaji Hamisu, a notorious kidnap kingpin, has been on the Police wanted list for his complicity in several high-profile kidnap cases including the recent abduction of an Oil-Mogul in Taraba State wherein a ransom of about One Hundred Million Naira (N100,000,000) was paid. 

The IGP has ordered the AIG Medicals to proceed to Jalingo to ensure concerted efforts in the treatment of the injured Police officers. The remains of the deceased have been deposited in the morgue. 

Meanwhile, the Force has commenced full investigation into the bizarre and unfortunate incident

DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

Press Release: Setting The Record Straight – Where Is The “Rescued” Notorious Kidnapper, Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume?

0

The attention of the Nigeria Police Force has been drawn to the Press Release by the Nigerian Army dated 07 August, 2019, seeking to justify the unprovoked and unwarranted murder of three (3) Police officers and one (1) Civilian, and serious injury to other operatives, who were on legitimate criminal investigation activities to Taraba State, to arrest one Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume indicted in a series of high-profile kidnap incidents in the State. In the best tradition of Esprit de Corps, Inter-Agency Harmony and National Interest, the Nigeria Police Force would naturally have kept quiet, but it has become imperative to set the record straight by addressing the obvious distortion of facts inherent in the Press Release by the Nigerian Army.

The most important question arising from the Nigerian Army Press Release is: Where is Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume? Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume is a millionaire kidnapper arrested by the Police but paradoxically treated as a ‘‘kidnap victim’’ by the Soldiers and subsequently ‘rescued’ by them. Where is he? Where is the rescued kidnapper?

Secondly, the Press Release was silent on the source of the alleged distress report or identity of the complainant, on the strength of whose report, the Army claimed had informed their decision to engage in the purported chase and rescue operation. Needless to state that in the true spirit of transparency and accountability, the Nigerian Army ought to have arrested the purported distress caller – if any – for obviously and deliberately furnishing them with false and misleading information. Besides, such arrest should in fact be made public!

Thirdly, it is not true that the Policemen failed to identify themselves as alleged in the Press Release. The video on the incident, now viral, wherein the voice of one of the soldiers was heard loudly proclaiming that the Policemen were from the Force Headquarters, Abuja speaks volume. Besides, the presence of the IRT personnel was well known to the Taraba Police Command as the Operatives officially and properly documented not only at the State Command Headquarters but also at the Wukari Area Command and the Ibi Divisional Headquarters. As a matter of fact, some of the Detectives from the Taraba State Command’s Criminal Investigation Department (CID) were part of the operation.

The Force also considers it insensitive, disrespectful and unpatriotic for the Press Release by the Army to continue to describe Policemen on lawful National Assignment as ‘suspected kidnappers’ long after it had become crystal clear to the Army that these are Law Enforcement Officers who unfortunately were gruesomely murdered in the line of duty by Nigerian soldiers attached to 93 Battalion, Takum.

In the final analysis, we leave the Nigerian Army authorities to provide Nigerians with answers on the following questions emanating from their Press Release: 
* Where is the notorious kidnapper, Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume ‘rescued’ by the soldiers?
* How and why was Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume released by the soldiers?
* How could a kidnap suspect properly restrained with handcuffs by the Police escape from the hands of his military rescuers? 
* If Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume is a ‘‘victim of kidnap’’ as claimed, and properly rescued by soldiers, why was he not taken to the Army Base for documentation purposes and debriefing in line with the Standard Operating Procedure in the Nigerian Army?
*  Why were the Police Operatives shot at close range even after they had identified themselves as Police Officers on legitimate duty as evident in the video now in circulation?

DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA